
Over my 2 week Christmas break I caught a few episodes of a Discovery Channel show called Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. For anyone who hasn't seen it, Mike Rowe goes around trying out various "dirty jobs" and providing much hilarity and many dryly witty asides. (And of course it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes in a manly man sort of way.) By the end of each episode Mike is usually coated with some combination of mud, blood, urine, feces, or some other concoction of grossness. And I'm realizing that Vet med could be very similar. And yet I don't mind it. I think I'll be happier to get a little gross in order to help animals than I am to sit in a cubicle all day feeling some combination of boredom and frustration. I'm really getting into the mindset that I AM going to go to vet school in the next few years. It's strange for me because I never allow myself certainty about good things. I always have to tack on the word "if" so that I don't tempt fate to snatch away the carrot right as it comes into reach.
"IF I get into vet school I'll do X."
Well I'm going to apply. And we will see if I get in. But I can say that if I don't get in the first time, I'll apply again the next year. And I'll do what I need to do in order to be prepared.
PS- I've been to the treadmill twice so far this week! Sure, I'm almost at square 1, doing 3 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking for a total of 30 minutes. But I'm doing it. And I'll keep doing it. My friend Jill and I are motivating each other to workout, and I think that will help.
3 comments:
(oops - wrong email address. I hate it that Blogger won't let you edit your comments).
Kristen - you're one of the winners on our blog contest! Please drop us an email (yarnfloozies AT gmail DOT com) with your mailing address and we'll send your prize out.
Ahhh, I have the poopy minefield in my front yard...not enough grass in back to handle the dog without a plethora of mud too many months of the year.
Thanks for entering!
Post a Comment