Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Holy cow! What now?

As the last person on earth without a blog, I've finally caved to the pressure and set up this one. Ok, so there wasn't any pressure. Zero. Zip. None.
As many of the titles I tried were taken, I finally settled on "Holy cow! What now?" and it's actually pretty appropriate for my situation in life. In two weeks I'm going back to school. Ten years ago I graduated from college with a degree in Biology and no idea what to do with it. I fell into a job in the software field that has been slowly sucking the life out of me for the last nine years. So in less than two weeks I'll be starting the first of my four prerequisite classes that I will need to apply to Veterinary school.
So yeah. Holy cow.
The school-anxiety dreams have begun. The other night I was dreaming that I had a paper due the following day on The Catcher in the Rye. I hadn't read the book in years (and didn't like it when I read it) and I'm taking a physics class so I could not figure out HOW this applied. I'm sure the naked-in-class dreams will be coming along any time now.
Anyway, right now I feel like this is a note in a bottle to be tossed in the ocean; unlikely to be discovered by anyone. But if you're reading this... welcome to my life. There will be some freak outs, and some boring, boring days, and probably a fair amount of questioning myself, God, and the universe. But hopefully it will all work out.
Soooo... what now?

1 comment:

Rita said...

Good for you! Soul-sucking jobs just.... suck the soul right out of you. I'm proud of you for going for what you want to do. I heart veterinarians!