First, my title is a quote from a movie. I'm a nerd like that. I especially love friends who can (and will) quote movies to me in normal conversation. Anyway, I'm a couple of thousand miles from any sea, but it's been a hell of a day, anyway.
I am running a relay race in a week. 206 miles with 11 other women. www.ragnarrelay.com if you want to check it out in detail. Recently my 6.1 mile leg was increased to 9.5 miles. Uh oh! I was barely on track to be prepared for the 6.1 mile distance, my longest run having been 4 miles.
So I got out and ran 7ish this morning in preparation for my newly lengthened relay leg. It took me 1:28. I took Belle (the grown-up cute pup in my avatar) with me for about 5ish miles and then dropped her off at home, grabbed some water, and finished the last couple miles. Belle apparently had more energy than I gave her credit for because when I got home I found the remains of the two favor boxes from my sister's wedding torn up on the living room floor... with no sign of the Dove Promises chocolates that had been inside. All I wanted to do was sit down in the bathtub but instead I got to fight a 50 pound dog who did NOT want to have hydrogen peroxide poured down her throat. She hated it but didn't bite me, (even when I got some in her eye *bad mommy!*). Eventually it started working and she puked up the chocolate and all the foil wrappers. She was so miserable, and so was I. I hate doing "mean" things to her!
I weeded in my garden for while until I was sure she was done puking and then took a shower, ate some lunch and finally took a 2-3 hour nap. I went from 4 miles 2 weeks ago to 6 last weekend and now 7ish and my body is definitely feeling the pounding. I am still feeling pretty beat.
I think tonight will consist of leftover Thai food (YUM) and vegging out with a book (Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life - highly recommended), or knitting my scarf and watching Olympics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment